Word of mouth is putting Serbia on the world map for plastic surgeries
Although health tourism in Serbia is not yet fully discovered, it is going into the right direction. More and more health travelers come to Serbia every year for various types of plastic surgeries – breast lifts, enlargements, eyelid surgeries, facelifts or liposuction.
Given the favorable laws and low prices for sex reassignment surgery, Belgrade is becoming the gender reassignment capital.
About 150 people have made the sex change in Serbia since the first sex reassignment operation was carried out in 1989. While this procedure costs between €10,000 and €20,000 in the US, the price in Serbia’s private clinics is about €3,000.
Traditionally people who came to Serbia for a plastic surgery were Austrians, Germans, and Americans of Serbian origin. They would come for a vacation and have a surgery while in Serbia. Since they had a positive experience, word of inexpensive but yet high quality plastic surgeries slowly spread around the world. Now most foreigners come from Austria, Germany and Serbia’s neighbouring countries Slovenia and Croatia, but also from Sweden, Ireland, Cyprus, and even US, Canada and Australia.
When it comes to expertise, Serbia has competent surgeons in all the fields in demand. Medical education in general is very strong in Serbia, as in all of the former Yugoslavia.
These are the most common plastic surgeries in Serbia:
- BOTOX® / DYSPORT® Cosmetic – Botulinum toxin – Wrinkle Removal
- Chemical peeling
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing
- Injectable fillers
- Mole removal
- PRP – Plasma therapy
- Labiaplasty – reduction of labia
- Male Circumcision
- Ear surgery (Otoplasty)
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Facelift, SMAS lifting
- Hair replacement
- Non Surgical Face Lift
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job – Nose Surgery)
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tucks)
- Fat (lipofiling)
- Gender Reassignment Surgery
- Hemorrhoids Treatment (anal piles)
- Liposuction alternative – non-invasive fat and cellulite removal
- Breast Augmentation – Breast Implants
- Breast lift (Mastopexy)
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast reduction
- Gynaecomastia (Male Breast-reduction surgery)
- Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS)
- Girth enhancement surgery
- Lip augmentation